Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kiss me goodbye, I'm Defying Gravity.

I went to see wicked on broadway a few months ago for an early birthday present. I think the song 'Defying Gravity' sums up the entire play. It gives me chills whenever I hear it. I've always believed that gravity is a metaphor for many things...
I am not a huge fan of the theatre, but I do have an appreciation for it. And I absolutely love this play. It covers so many things, but all at once it's really simple. "I hope you're happy"

"I'm through accepting limits
'cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till i try, I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost
I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down"
The lyrics alone are beautiful, but hearing it performed it amazing. Here is a link for a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3YZYamkCEw

No comments: