Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean.

This give and take is becoming too much.
Remember the goosebumps raised on my skin from the dark ocean winds as I walked along the abandoned shore. Watching shadows of people holding hands in the distance to the melancholy sound of acoustic guitars and sad voices singing love songs above me, and the constant spark of a lighthouse, unreachable. All I wanted was for someone to stay with me, and let me show them how the sun lit up the sky so carefully until the clouds were on fire. To feel the ocean carry away what lay under my feet, and how the water connected me to everything at once. The entire universe was hanging above me. I was alone.
I'm starting to believe the ocean is much like you,
Because if gives and it takes away.

No comments: