Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mint.

It's probably weird that I still wonder what would happen if we ran into eachother one of these days. I think I would tell you that I'm sorry. And I would probably tell you why I acted how I did, but only if you asked. I would probably talk about my sister. And my parents. Because I never did before.
Then again, you probably wouldn't ask. You were never one to focus on the past. So maybe we would get coffee, like from starbucks or something and talk about college and summer. Maybe we would talk about the stars too.
Of course you would mention your girlfriend and I would mention nobody. I would probably say how I'm hardly ever happy in a relationship, how I worry too much and I wouldn't want to pull another person into my mess of a life if it wasn't necessary.
But only if you asked. And I would hope that you'd ask me about alot of things because I've always felt like I had something to prove to you. Maybe it's because you knew me at my worst, or because we never really knew eachother as well as we should have.
And all of this because of the mint tea im drinking for the first time in over a year reminds me of the nights I couldn't sleep and used to think about these things. And because whenever I think of a boy, I think of how he doesn't call just to say goodnight, or constantly ask me what song I'm listening to, or call me at 4am to say happy birthday, or tell me I'm beautiful because he thinks so and not because he wants something.
No one cares as much as you used to.
I don't know what I'm searching for anymore.

No comments: