Thursday, November 4, 2010

Duct Tape

"Remember when I went to church?"
For some reason, as we turned the opposite direction today, that was heavily on my mind.
Things were so different then.
Parts of me know better now, about how to talk about music and go places and sip fancy coffee.
I still remember the feeling of being there, singing the songs and just taking it all in.
I will never forget that part. You could tell they truely cared that we knew about God and what he had to say.
But after a while something changed, and it no longer felt genuine.
Like the church had grown so big that they couldn't manage it. So they started using cheesy 'inspirational' lines just to take up space and give an illusion of something great.
It no longer felt true to me, so I stopped going. pretty simple.

But, I still feel new sometimes when I drink french vanilla cappuccinos.

No comments: