Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Me and gravity we never could agree

I just want a hand to hold.
To know that I'm not alone.
Because being around here is like I'm by myself
Except the silences are akward and the conversations fake.
And it makes me scared.
Drowning in an invisible ocean and the current is fighting to keep me deep below the surface where I cant feel a thing. But I have a fight of my own that I found at the bottom of it all.
Because I want it to be real.
Like the way the cold cuts through me.
And how the sun thickens me.
And the stars at night make everything so much smaller.
And how I wish you could see them. And together we could feel the weight of the world.
Like you promised me a long time ago. I believe you still.
Even though my eyes wouldnt recognize you if you walked over and sat down right next to me.
The closest I've come to love.
Why does the ocean at night remind me of you?

No comments: