Thursday, August 6, 2009

See you in the morning...

Why do we remember certain things from our childhood?
It makes me wonder what my 2 year old brother will remember.
Will he remember when I was crying in the car?
Or all the times my mom and his dad talk down to us.
Or the way I spoke to our sister the other day.
Or will he remember reading goodnight moon when I babysat?
I hope he doesnt remember crying hysterically in the bathtub tonight.
I hope he doesnt remember how it feels when our mother doesnt have patience with us.
I hope he doesnt remember being yelled at for no reason other than being a child.
Some people have the strength to block out bad memories.
I guess I'm not that strong.
Because everytime she makes him cry, I remember how it feels.
Every time she yells I remember feeling so embarrassed and scared and suffocated.
No one deserves to hurt like that, no matter what. Because it stays with you.

No comments: