Friday, October 22, 2010

And I Hope That Sometime This City Sees Stars.

Why don't we do things? It's friday.
You brought me back home. You did it for attention.
It's empty here. Everything is beige.
I really can't take it anymore.

Why don't we do something?? It's the weekend.
These are the times of our lives when we're supposed to be having fun,
But we couldn't even muster up a conversation today.
Makes me wonder why we're friends.
I don't believe you ever wonder.
About anything.

I recall on that morning, I sat there again
with my cup of coffee and all those caring people.
And it didn't make an impression on you.
I don't think you understand how much I appreciate what they have.
To know that some people live the way I wish I could...

That calmness that I appreciated so much
Means something completely different for her.
I was glad not to have someone making conversation to fill the silence
But to her it was like a ticking time bomb.

I'm so used to your yelling that I find a song in it.
It's kind of like hardcore screamo music.
Loud, angry, and difficult to understand.
It doesn't bother me, but I don't really like it.


You know what? Today was one awful day.
But tomorrow will be better.
It has to be.

And I hope that sometime this city sees stars.

No comments: