Sunday, October 3, 2010

"This is not a coincidence"

You asked me if I believe in God. I said yes.
You asked me if I pray and I said I don't know.
You brought up going to church, I said I didn't want to go.
You got angry, I understood why. And I started thinking...

That sometimes getting into a routine can leave us mindless and empty.
But I remember going to church a long time ago, and they said that God wants us to go to church on sundays so we don't forget. So we don't lose our faith.
And I think that both those ideas are right, it's just that we are flawed...

Because after going to church for months, it became boring to me.
I felt like I was wasting time.
And now, after I have stopped going, I forget about God sometimes.
Until you brought it up that night.

I remembered that every week Pastor Buddy would tell us that God loves us.
And he would make us say it until we believed it.
I think it was important that he reminded us of that.
The first time I went to church there I felt brand new, and I remember I almost cried, and I even sang along to some of the songs. I remember thinking that if God loves me so much no matter how flawed I am, what am I going to do to actually be worthy of it?

But after a while of going to church there, I didnt have that feeling that I got the first night, and some things changed and I started to take it for granted.
Until that night when you were driving home and we were sitting in silence and I was thinking all this and I was so angry with you for not letting me drive.
And this might sound cliche, but I remembered what Pastor Buddy had said week after week. That God loves both of us equally as much even if we don't understand eachother.
And I wonder if you realized this too, because after that you asked me about my job applications. And it's different when you ask me about things, because I can tell it's because you care and not because you think your supposed to...

No comments: