Friday, September 11, 2009

Faith.

My Lit. Decisions class had a discussion about God today.
Some people say God doesn't exist.
Some say He created man but doesnt offer any control.
And Some believe that there is a God.
And it gets into 'The purpose of life'.

I believe that God exists for guidance. He doesnt try to control us. Because God is good.
And 'What is the purpose of it all?' is what we were asked. 'Is it real?'
I thought about this really hard. Some people in class responded right away, but I couldnt find the right words to express what I thought just yet.
My response to this is It might be real, or it might not be. Maybe we do have a purpose, maybe we dont. Either way we still exist. I still believe I am alive and here, so why not do something good with my life. Wether or not there is a purpose to life, life still exists. And maybe we werent meant to know the purpose, because maybe then we wouldnt try so hard to live, if alot of time is spent looking for a purpose. It doesnt hurt to try. The alternative would be to waste away and realize that you had your purpose and it was real but you didnt live up to any of it. And the worst that could come of trying would be death, if death is even real, or if we are even real, If anything is real, if things are really what they seem.
And yes, I look to God for guidance when I try to live this thing we call life in this place we call the universe reguardless of the possibility that it may not even be real at all. I believe this is what faith is. The belief that we are supposed to be living up to our full potential even if we dont know why, but simply because we can. Despite our worries and doubts. We go on.

No comments: