Thursday, April 2, 2009

open ended.

I cannot believe I was almost content with this.
The people surrounding me, sucking the creativity and inspiration right out of me.
I am mad. I would like to have some new people in my life. And that is a growing process, I know. Maybe I am just impatient.
I've recently started believing that words are our greatest form of communication, and we should use them wisely. Conversation in general is so important. Some people would rather waste time talking about things that dont matter, or things they cant control. Life is a gift, why would we ever waste time on things that are so irrelevant.
I was looking back at an old poetry project I had done for english class earlier in the year. We had to pick poems that we could relate to, and elaborate on how it made us feel, etc.
I was a different person. I just wrote, so honest, completely inspired. I could feel it as a I re-read my own words. And I can think of more words now, I feel re-inspired.
The proof of my honesty and inspiration comforts me now. It shows me where I've been and how far I've come. And where I'm going.
Ironically, I've been working on a research paper about the positive and negative effects of divorce on children. I had choses this topic initially because I am interested in how children develop and what affects them, and also ( somewhat subconciously) because my parents have been divorced for a few years. I hadnt applied my research to myself until just a few minutes ago. I have experienced the negative emotional effects where 'the child becomes insecure, mistrustful, overburdened, has a fear of commitment and betrayal, which often leads to solitude.' I have also experienced the positive effects where 'the child learns to become emotionally stronger and mature for future situations and relationships. This is because people have the ability to change their lives and trust is a learned process.'
I also believe that conversation and connecting with people is a learned process since that involves trusting.

I bet the kids in africa would be jealous of my freedom to experience those types of things... It must be horrible not to be surrounded by morals. Right and wrong. I cannot even imagine how they live, how they feel. Just surviving day by day. There is genocide going on. These people should be taught morals. We should send some philosiphers over to africa. We should give them paper and pencils and teach them how to write and express. That is completely different from "peace keepers" and military force. Its basic freedom of expression. ...And I know it's probably more complicated than that. But we could try.

No comments: