Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fair is foul, and foul is fair.

This week is draining me.
School is just so... boring. And stressful. But atleast I'm not having panick attacks routinely every week anymore... so I guess thats good? My favorite classes are english and child psych. Child Psych because it makes me think of my brother and because I learn alot about myself. And English because its very inspiring. I've been putting alot more effort into everything lately. School work, and also everything else. My friends, family, writing, thinking, talking, wondering, forgiving...

Infact I wasnt even going to write this right now because I'm exhausted, but I'm writing it.

I was inspired today in english by Macbeth by Shakespeare.

Usually, shakespeares plays all confuse the hell out of me until the ends.

The end of Macbeth made me think alot, because it was so tragic, but also ironic.

Before Macbeth dies (sorry to give away the ending, but its a tragedy so what do you expect?) he says that after people die, no one will remember who they are. He says that life is a walking shadow, and insignificant. Which is true in some sense. Hundred of years form now, it is likely that no one will know or remember who I was. And it goes that way for so many people. We die leaving behind no significance. Its a depressing thought. But it is ironic that the man who wrote those words is remembered for his great works, hundreds of years after his death. An inspiration and hope to people.
Macbeth also says that people get so caught up in everyday things that dont even matter in the end. In comparison to the world, life is brief. And at the end of the world, the little things we turn into big deals dont matter at all.
And I wonder why shakepeare didnt make Macbeth regretful at the end of the play.
Maybe because regretting would not help him live. Maybe he had let go of his regret, in that instant. And so he died without worries. Maybe thats how we will all leave this earth.

1 comment:

Mark and Patty of Crystal Pyramid Productions in San Diego said...

Good observations. It does seem like most people are just plugging away at life. Why not dream big and great and let the dreams happen by not sabotaging yourself with words like "can't" and "impossible." We word people know the power of thoughts and words.

Don't worry, school will be but a blip on your lifescape. It'll be over sooner than you know. Then you'll be looking back at it with fondness. Kind of amazing how time really does "fly."