Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reflection on Conscience.

I'm sorry.
I was selfish. I'm sorry I never kept my promises.
I'm sorry I never told you that I still remember the things you said to me.
I'm sorry you dont know how much I appreciate them now.
I'm sorry I didnt appreciate you before.
I'm sorry I ruined our love.
I'm sorry that it might be too late for my apologies.
I'm sorry I never gave you another chance.
But what about now?

Some will say that its better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. And I will agree with them. I've learned so much from you. First loves are supposed to be beautiful. Ours was imperfect and incredibly flawed. It existed though, and we made those promises we cant take back. I'm sorry if you already know this, but I'm just realizing. I want you back in my life. Simple as that. I'm so sorry we keep hurting eachother accidentally. You gave up on me, and I dont blame you. I did for so long and I'm sorry for that too. I have no way of reaching you anymore. But I hope this gives hope to the broken hearts. I'm not forgetting. I'm not bitter. I'm just simply moving on, as I have been. Realizing new things along the way. I think you are well deserving of all these apologies. And if I ever get the chance, I will tell you. I hope you dont forget about me, but I would understand if you did. I didnt bring anything wonderful into your life. Infact, I was an awful person when I knew you... And I'm sorry for anything I said that hurt you. We both tried to hang on to something that was hurting both of us, but I've forgiven us. I've learned how to be happy, and I hope you are too.
Our ideas of what love is are different. I will never understand you, and I think that's what facinates me; why I havent let go. I've heard that the hardest thing to do is let someone go. Maybe that's because we arent supposed to let people go, we're supposed to see the good in them and embrace it. If more people did that maybe this world would know peace.


I never thought I would be writing something like this. A break up letter, how cliche. I still think its too late for this now. But I have to let go of these regrets that are weighing down my spirit. I am proud of myself for finally finding a way to put my thoughts into words. I think you helped me learn about the meaning of forever. And love. And you made me question what we had. I think we both realized that even though we cared so much for eachother,true love is something so much more.

I think I'm done elaborating on this. Sometimes things arent meant to be figured out.
This is one of them. So lets go on forward.

No comments: