Friday, July 10, 2009

Teenage.

If I'm supposed to be a child, then why are you rushing me to grow up?
If I'm a child then you cant really blame me for all of my actions, because part of that is because of you. I dont know any better, but thanks for not listening because that helps a bunch. Thanks for screaming in my face all my life because that gave me all the confidence I need. Thanks for being so condescending everytime I speak up. I'm sure I'll go really far because of that. And thanks for not caring when it was inconvenient for you. Because thats really what love is all about. Thanks for not teaching me anything, except how not to live. Thanks for not telling me that I could do great things, or ballet classes seem like a good idea, or I'm a good daughter, that your sorry.
Because I really did try to talk to you, but its never convenient for you to listen.
And what is that supposed to teach to a child? that my words arent worth hearing?
But I am not a child, and I know that that is wrong.
I'm growing up, and maybe someday you might listen to me.
But for now I'm stuck feeling awful, because do I really want to start a battle when its very likely I might not win? It might be worth it to keep my self respect. But I'm not sure I know how to be that strong. How do you fight someone who thinks they have total control over you? Control is not the equivalent to love. Its just not. And how do you care for someone who hurts you so many times, but thinks they can justify each and every one as the right thing to do. How do you fight someone you're supposed to love, but you just cant take it anymore?
It wasnt meant to be this way. Maybe its my turn to give up on you.

No comments: