Thursday, January 8, 2009

Promises.

I was just thinking about how it was weird how that boy wanted to get back in touch with me again. But then I realized something that made me smile.
A really long time ago, he promised me that we would never be the kind of people who drift apart and stop talking. And He kept that promise, even though I continually tried to shut him out. And I think that's respectable that he would try to keep a promise like that. I think I should apologize. And if it ends up being not worth it, thats a mistake I'll have to live with.

Sometimes we put up walls, not to shut people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down.

Maybe he's been trying to find who he used to be too. Before all this. Maybe we have more in common than we know. The distance doesn't help. I wont do it again.

Yesterday, I heard his song on my favorite show. It made me realize that I gave him nothing to remember me by. But he gave me so much to remember. And then i realized that there was almost no chance I would ever see or talk to him again. But I was wrong.

I'm still going to keep my life moving along. I wont turn around my entire life for one person ever again.

I've noticed recently that I've been looking to define things. But I understand that sometimes things don't have a specific definition, and can mean different things to different people. And somethings are just incomprehensible.

No comments: